Ogłoszenie numer: 7285509, from 2022-08-05
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works
closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society. As the leading international organization for migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community to: assist in meeting the growing operational challenges of migration management; advance understanding of migration issues; encourage social and economic development through migration, and; uphold the human dignity and well-being of migrants.
IOM has been active in Poland since 2002 under an agreement with the Polish government and conducts various migration programs, including activities supporting the integration of male and female migrants into Polish society. IOM in Poland implements projects aimed at the private sector to promote ethical recruitment, respect for the rights of migrants and migrant women as well as the elimination of forced labour from value chains and the prevention of human trafficking.
Reference No.: PLCFA22-077
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission (COM) and Resources Management Officer (RMO), and the direct supervision of the senior Procurement Assistant, the Driver is responsible for the following functions:.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Drive assigned IOM office vehicle(s).
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle(s) to ensure roadworthiness of the vehicles. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc.
- Arrange for minor repairs and ensures that the vehicles are kept clean.
- Ensure that the vehicles undertake regular service intervals.
- Keep records of spare parts for vehicle(s) and conduct monthly inventory of the spare parts.
- Find the most direct and safe route over the best available roads to the destination.
- Ensure that the IOM vehicle(s) is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Make sure that the daily log sheet is prepared, and a monthly report is prepared summarizing statistics linked to mileage, fuel consumption, etc. for the vehicle.
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials. Take proper actions to reduce potential security threats to IOM officials and/or property within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
- Meet official personnel at the airport(s) and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, pouches, and other communications/items from and to the country office; go to the post office, airport, government agencies, other UN agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required.
- When needed, assist the country office staff in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- High school degree/certificate with minimum 2 years of relevant working experience or Bachelor’s Degreefrom an accredited institution.
- Valid national driver’s licence.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Knowledge of radio, email, telephone and other applications.
Fluency in English and Polish is required.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment.
This post is subject to local recruitment. Only those holding a valid residence and work permit for Poland will be eligible for consideration.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
At the time of recruitment, all candidates must disclose any known relative or spouse who works for IOM. Candidates may also be requested to provide documentary evidence of academic degree(s), professional licenses, and proof of no criminal records as relevant to the requirements of the position advertised.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, verification of residency, visa, and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Vaccination against COVID-19 will be required for IOM personnel who are hired or otherwise engaged by IOM. As part of the mandatory medical entry on duty clearance, candidates will be requested to provide evidence of full vaccination.